How to Do Your Own Facial ?
You don’t need fancy creams and lotions of any sort, you can use good old home remedies to revive your lifeless skin. Natural remedies work better than any cosmetic brand and are so much easier on the pocket as well!
Before you set out to raid your fridge, it is important to learn the massage movements for a facial.
* Start at the base of the neck, massaging up towards the chin with your fingers.
* Use your thumb and forefinger to massage your chin, moving outward towards the ears.
* Move on to the cheeks, moving your hands in circular motion, clockwise and anticlockwise.
* Massage under the eyes with your index and middle fingers, moving them outward from your nose.
* Gently pat your eyes and eyebrows with your fingertips.
* Hold the nose from both sides and move fingers up and down
* For the forehead, bring your fingers together between your eyebrows and massage outward, massaging the temples each time.
* Repeat these steps for 15 to 20 minutes.
You can either use cleansing milk available in the market or make your own.
Take two tablespoons of full fat milk and add half a teaspoon of olive oil. Warm the mixture, and dip a cotton ball in it to wipe your face thoroughly. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Scrubbing is needed to slough off dead skin cells from your face. You can make a scrub using two teaspoons of curd, one teaspoon of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric.
Alternately, you can finely crush two to three almonds and mix with milk cream.
For oily skin, you can make a scrub using oatmeal and honey. Follow the massage instructions listed above.
There are several face massage creams available, but nothing beats a homemade alternative. For a face massage, you can use the pulp of papaya added to some milk cream. Thicken the mixture to form a paste that you can spread easily.
For oily skin, you can use a paste of hung curd and the pulp of apricot with a few drop of olive oil.
A masque is the most effective way to hydrate your skin after a facial massage. Once you’ve finished massaging your face, put a hot towel on your face to open clogged pores. Finish off with a homemade face pack.
You can try a clay masque made of Fuller’s Earth and rose water.