Tips For Practicing Yoga
Yoga brings stability and relaxation to the mind and helps the individual to have a clear thinking. Apart from its cognitive benefits, Yoga serves as the best medium to enhance the beauty and the being of a person.
* The most appropriate time for practicing Yoga is in the morning, before breakfast. This is because it is the time, when our mind is calm, composed and fresh and the body movements can be performed, with considerable ease and vigor.
* Get started, you need to have the urge and confidence in yourself.
* To practice Yoga, the place chose must be calm, quiet, ventilated, dust free, moisture free and also distraction free.
* Before you start practicing Yoga, it is very important for you to clear your bowels and bladder as well as clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus. You must also drink a glass of lukewarm water.
* Yoga clothing should be loose and as comfortable as possible. Form-fitting cotton/Lycra pants and shirts are the best.
* Wait for a few minutes and then you can start.
* Like all other work outs, you must begin with easy poses, thereafter you can advance to the tough ones. Be methodical and systematic.
* Remember, to start with your movements should be light and if you feel fatigue in between you must discontinue.
* Must energize and not cause weariness and depression.
* You must take breaks in between, if a particular step or exercise proves tiring.
* A person performing Yoga, the diet should be a balanced and you should eat after an interval of 4 hours.
* The quantity of food should be such that it satisfies your appetite. Generally, the ratio composition of meals should be - grains and cereals (30% of the calorific value), dairy products (20%), vegetables and roots (25%), fruits and honey (20%) and nuts (5%). Over eating and fasting should be avoided. At the same time, you must try to avoid stale food.
* While performing Yoga, your breathing should be long and deep. You must remember to keep your mouth close and inhale and exhale, only through the nose.
* You should always keep a Yoga mat, made of some comfortable materials. For lying postures use a woolen carpet and spread a clean sheet over it.
* Remember, while doing yoga, you should not get a feeling of pain or discomfort. If you do, you are not doing it in the right manner or you need to adjust your pose to suit you better.
* You are a beginner, do not just impinge on doing the tough tasks. Remember, you need to always begin with the easy postures and then, proceed to the difficult ones. You should follow the graded steps of Yoga.