Yoga Breathing or Pranayama
The power of breathing practice to change your state of mind is extremely strong. A breathing practice can last anything from two minutes to half an hour or more.
* Find a quiet place where you won't be distracted. If doing the exercises inside, make sure the window is open to allow plenty of fresh air into the room.
* At first practise pranayama lying down and then gradually aim to sit upright with your spine straight.
* Breathe evenly through the nose throughout the postures.
* Never strain your breathing in pranayama.
* Breathe deeply and slowly.
* Progress slowly and carefully.
* If you feel dizzy or light-headed, return to normal breathing.
* Ask a friend to stay with you when trying out a new technique.
* Do not rush things and practice all exercises as slowly as you can.