Newborn Baby Bathing Tips
Many people think that if you don’t bath your newborn baby daily, you are not a good mother. Is this right? You don’t have to bath your baby everyday. * Before a bath, keep all the things nearby the sink or tub.
* Water is enough to clean most of the debris, so you don’t require soap. But, a mild and unscented soap with moisturizer that is made especially for babies can be used if needed.
* Put a towel on the bottom of the bath tub to avoid slipping
* You can add unperfumed bath oil in the bathing water to avoid overdrying of skin
* Never use bubble baths on newborn and young babies.
* Keep the room temperature warm and free of drafts like open windows or fans
* Never leave the baby unattended or alone during bath time
* Don’t place the baby in running water
* Take off your watch and jewellery while giving bath to the baby
* Moisturisers like sorbolene and aqueous creams can be used to stop newborn skin drying out