Health Benefits of Green Peas
Green peas are not just the greenish part of your plate. Instead, they are little powerhouses of energy and nutrition. Green Peas is encompassed with many health benefits that not many people are aware of. We have listed a few good things that green peas can do to your health. Take a quick look !!!
1. Peas Helps in Managing Weight. It is low on fat and also contains high protein, fiber and micro-nutrients. A whole cup of green peas contains less than 100 calories.
2. Green Peas contains coumestrol, a health-protective polyphenol that prevents stomach cancer.
3. Green peas's high fiber and protein content helps in regulating blood sugar.
4. Green Peas is a great food for anti-aging and prevention of wrinkles on skin.
5. Components like vitamin B1 and folate, B2, B3, and B6 present in green peas can reduce homocysteine levels which is a major risk factor in heart diseases.
6. Green peas helps in regulating metabolism and also prevents constipation. It also improves bowel health and peristalsis.
7. Green peas plays a vital role in bone health. One cup of peas contains 44% of Vitamin K which in turn helps in anchoring Calcium inside the bones. Green peas helps in preventing osteoporosis.