Umbilical Cord Blood Banking
Well, everyone does that. It’s the most logical thing to do. Mothers especially are too cautious when it comes to taking decisions that concern their children’s health or wellbeing. If you are a mother or a parent of a child, you will better understand what I am talking about.
* Consider this scenario. You are presented with the opportunity of taking a crucial decision. This particular decision could be the only alternative to save your child, if he/ she suffers from certain health disorders in the future.
Would you say yes or refuse to go with this option? I guess this question is irrelevant because of the logical conclusion that you would jump at such a chance, wouldn’t you? Trust me; any parent in your shoes would have done just that.
* Understanding Umbilical Cord Blood Banking : Stem cell banking or cord blood banking is something that promises exactly that. All it takes is merely a simple decision on your part to preserve your newborn baby’s umbilical cord blood. This can go a long way in preserving good health for your child, close family members or even to utter strangers in future.
* Range of Possibilities: Medical research has confirmed that the stem cells that are found within the umbilical cord blood possess the ability to replicate themselves and form any cell of any organ of the body. This particular unique characteristic trait of these stem cells beholds innumerable treatment possibilities in the current medical scenario.
The best part about this wonderful breakthrough in medical science is that it is absolutely undemanding and does not need any surgery or complex medical procedure to source the umbilical cord stem cells.
All that you need to do is to arrive at a decision to bank or preserve your baby’s umbilical cord. Considering that the umbilical cord is something that you would be throwing out after birth of your baby anyway, your decision to preserve it for future treatment possibilities is certainly a tremendous decision on your part.
* Benefits of Umbilical Cord Blood Banking: The stem cells that are sourced from umbilical cord can be utilized in treating a variety of disorders like cancers, Thalassemia, Diabetes, Stroke, Cerebral palsy, brain injury etc. These stem cells sourced from the umbilical cord can be used for the child, his/ her sibling, a close family member or to someone totally unrelated.
* Full blown research and clinical trials are going on in this comparatively new method of treatment. So a decision to preserve your baby’s umbilical cord blood can signify that in future when treatment of newer diseases using cord stem cells is made possible, your child stands to have an advantage over others who do not have their umbilical cord blood preserved.
* As a parent you may take many important decisions on behalf of your children, but the decision to store the umbilical cord cells definitely tops the list. What else could be more comforting to parents other than securing the health and longevity of their children?