What to Wear with Jeans
How to Wear Jeans, Wear with Jeans, Fashion Jeans How with Wear: Dressing up jeans to create a smart casual look can be created quickly and easily with basics and accessories. Keeping the whole look simple and sleek ups the ante of jeans
Try one of the following:
* Crisp white button-down shirt. A classic shirt is a staple in every woman's closet, fitted with room to move and shape through the waist. A black shirt is more casual for this look.
* A fitted white tee and cardigan. A take on the classic twinset, the tee adds a modern feel to the combination and provides a great blank canvas for adding punches of colour with cardigans and accessories. A dark cardigan (think navy, bottle green, chocolate, deep red) is a smarter colour, while lighter ones (pale blues and pinks, soft greens and muted shades) are on the more casual end.
* A fitted white tee and a blazer. There are so many fabulous blazers available for all budgets and sizes. Black is always an easy classic, while navy pinstripe, darker colours and luxurious fabrics are sophisticated options. Velvet, corduroy, tweed, preppy knits, satin or even leather can make dark wash jeans smart.
* Sheer chiffon, silk, or tissue-thin cotton tops, either sleeveless or elbow length, in a v-neck or pussy-bow tie instantly up the smartness factor of a pair of jeans. Layer with black or nude camis for a refined take. If this look seems to dressy, adding a vest or blazer over the top can take the look down a few notches.
* A trench coat in cooler weather teamed with jeans is an outfit in itself. Quick and simple, this combination can go from grocery shopping to doing the school-run to the movies.
* Wearing a heel elevates the status of jeans from straight casual to smart casual. Leave the sky-high stilettos at home and choose a classic one- to two-inch pump in a dark colour for a long-legged look. Black is always a simple staple and lets the rest of the outfit shine.
* Peep-toes are a go-to option when dressing up jeans. A hint of foot is sexy - keep the feet in mint condition with a pedicure and a coat of polish. T-straps, embellished D'Orsays, sleek platforms and boots are great options.
* When wearing flats for a smart casual look, keep the hem of the jeans just above the ground and covering the foot. Closed-in shoes (like ballet flats) are more sophisticated for this look than a pair of sandals or flip flops/thongs.
* With this look, a bold accessory looks great. Chunky cocktail rings, beaded necklaces or statement earrings pull the look together.
* Remember the rule of thumb - either a necklace or earrings, a ring or bangle.
* Layering multiple necklaces in similar lengths and styles is fashion-forward and shows discreet personality
* A mid-sized bag complements the outfit, and a handheld tote or slouchy hobo is casual, but when added to classic separates, the look becomes smart casual. An oversized bag or evening clutch would look out of place.