Anjeer/ Dried Figs - 1 1/4 cups
Almonds - 1/2 cup blanched,peeled and coarsely powdered
Sugar - 5 tbsp
Milk - 5 tbsp
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Elaichi/ Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
* In a deep pan, boil enough water, add the figs to it. Mix them well and cook on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn soft, and keep stirring occasionally.
* Using a strainer, drain out the hot water. And let the figs cool down.
* Using a mixer or blender make a smooth paste of the boiled figs using approximately ¼ cup of water.
* Keep the figs purée aside.
* In another deep non-stick pan, heat the ghee, now add the powdered almonds, mix it well and let it cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
* Keep stirring it continuously.
* Now to the almonds mixture add the puréed figs, sugar and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
* Add the cardamom powder and mix well and serve hot. You could also garnish it with other dry fruits of your choice while serving.