200 gms Paneer
½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder
¾ tbsp soya sauce
½ tbsp chilli sauce
½ to 1 tsp vinegar
3 tbsp. corn flour
2 pinches of pepper powder
1 tbsp. Finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp. Finely chopped spring onions greens
2 tbsp chopped spring onion whites
½ cup sliced capsicum
1 medium onion cubed
1 to 2 green chilies slit
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp corn flour
oil as needed
* First make red chili paste by mixing red chili powder, sugar and little water. Set this aside. Make a thick batter of cornflour, pepper, salt using little water. Add paneer to the batter and deep fry or shallor fry.
* With little oil in the pan, fry garlic. Fry veggies until partially cooked. Add sauces, vinegar and red chili paste.
* Add 2.5 tbsp. water to the pan. If using corn flour, add that to a bowl and mix with 2.5 tbsp water. Stir well. Pour flour mixture to the pan. cook till the sauce thickens.
* Add fried cubes and saute for 2 minutes. Add the spring onion greens.
* Serve paneer chilli hot as a starter with tomato ketchup