Shaving Tips For Women
Today though many women wax their legs, shaving is still the least expensive way to remove your hair.
Shaving has to be done carefully or it will result in nicks and irritation. Here are a few shaving tips for women to ensure that they are doing it right.
* Do not shave dry skin. Wet your skin and let the moisture soften your skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and if your skin is dry, your razor will get blocked with dead skin and you are likely to nick yourself as well.
* Do not waste money by buying creams specially made for women, as they are almost the same as those made for men.
* To find the perfect razor you will just have to use all those available and choose the one that you like best. You can ask your friends who shave to recommend razors. Look for a razor with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring mounted multiple blades.
* Exfoliate before you shave to ensure that the dead skin cells do not clog your razor and prevent a close shave.
* For your legs you will have begin shaving from your ankles and then work upwards. For your underarms you will have to shave in every direction as hair grows in every direction under your arm.
* After you have finished shaving apply oil or moisturizer. The skin on your leg has few oil glands and hence may become dry.
* When hair curls back under the skin it caused ingrown hairs. To avoid ingrown hairs exfoliate everyday and use a glycolic acid body lotions.
* If you have a chronic case of ingrown hairs then use a lotion that is specially made for ingrown hairs, that is easily available at the chemists. Apply it in the morning and at night and the bumps will vanish within a few days.
* If you shave your legs coarse hair will grow back fast. Therefore consider waxing your legs at least.