The films revolves around the life of an aimless youth (Allu Arjun) and his sincere police officer brother (Shyam). The duo are like two opposite poles and the family struggles to patch them both. However, there comes a time when Shyam is in trouble and the younger one realizes that his brother is fighting for justice. Allu Arjun takes on the rowdy-turned-politician villain and tries to prove the honesty of his brother. How the villain attacks Allu Arjun's family and the destruction of the villain in style fetches the rest of the story.
Although Allu Arjun is the hero of the film, equal importance is given to Shyam and the villain. Allu Arjun doesn't seem to have the energy levels unlike his previous movies in Race Gurram. His dance moves were not as attractive as before. On the other hand, 'Kick' Shyam did his part in perfection. But he looks more aged than before. Shruti Hasan plays a different role in the film. Nevertheless, she is only a glam doll ravishing the sets after all. Prakash Raj plays a short and crispy role as Shruti's father. Ravi Kishan did justify the role of a villain with his powerful and satirical dialogues. Saloni plays a short yet unimportant role as Shyam's pair.
If Race Gurram got a life, then comedy is the only main reason. The first half is filled with Srinivas Reddy, Tagubothu Ramesh and Tillu. Second half is the highlight with Ali and Bramhanandam. With Bramhi's ultimately awesome performance, the movie gained a little magic. He did imitate some top heroes in the comedy bits but they still looked interesting. Action sequences involving Bramhi as a police is the best part. Ali stole the show with his regular double meaning comedy. In the meanwhile, actors like Jayaprakash Reddy and Posani Murali Krishna also shared some lines to laugh out.
Technical Analysis :
1. Direction is absolutely not satisfactory when compared to other films of Surender Reddy. This film gives a touch of many known lines.
2. Cinematography is perfect. Locations and other areas are shown in perfection.
3. Sound Mixing could have been better.
4. Background scores were not that attractive.
5. Stunts were perfectly framed with a lot of costly action.
Race Gurram music album did reach a lot of people before the release, but it is not the same while watching the film real time. The cinematography of songs actually dominate the essence of music. Not many will hum a tune once out of the theater.
Allu Arjun has justified his tag name 'Stylish Star' in the film. His costumes are unique and elegant. Shruti sports some trendy attires both in scenes and songs. Shyam is almost seen in his police uniform throughout the movie.
Positive Aspects :
1. Cinematography is a plus point for the movie.
2. Stunts are classy
3. Allu Arjun's looks
4. Ravi Kishan's performance definitely needs to be appreciated.
Negative Points :
1. First Half lag is definitely boring. Story is not revealed in the first half at all. In fact, afew bits in the second half were enough to portray what the film is like.
2. Running a movie with some amazing comedy scenes is not sufficient. Race Gurram misses a balanced race right there.
Overall Analysis :
Race Gurram is a commercial entertainer with a lot of lacking elements. A person who comes out of the theater would say that the second half is watchable and that too only for the comedy scenes by Bramhi and Ali. So Bramhanandam makes the film worth a one time watch !!!