4.0 Stars based on 291
Mushroom Curry is a spicy vegan curry that goes well with rice or rotis
- 500 g (1 lb) Mushroom
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 2-3 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped
- coriander leaves
- 5 tsp oil
- salt to taste
1. Cut mushroom into thin slices.
2. Grind cinnamon, fennel seeds & clove to fine powder in a mixer.
3. Heat oil in a pan & add the above powder & ginger garlic paste to it & fry for a minute in low flame.
4. Add chopped onions & fry till golden brown.
5. Add chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till oil separates from it. Then add pepper, chilli & turmeric powder & mix well.
6. Add mushrooms & 1/4 cup of water, salt & mix well.close the lid of the pan & let it cook in simmer.
7. Uncover when mushrooms are cooked & keep stirring for few minutes till all the water evaporates & when it comes in the form of thick gravy type.
8. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with rice.