4.0 Stars based on 291
Anything involving potatoes is somehow tasty, has gazillion carbs, and is easy to make. I actually set out to make Dum Aloo, because N was in town and that is his favorite but ended up making aloo kurma just because it did not require a blender and I don’t yet have a blender. Anyways here is the easiest recipe one can conjure up, yet with so much aroma and taste. Again coconut does the magic here.
1. Aloo - 2 (cut into cubes)
2. Onion - 1 (medium size)
3. Tomato - 1 (medium size)
4. Cloves - 3
5. Ginger - 1 inch piece
6. Garlic - 4 flakes
7. Chilli powder - 2 tsp
8. Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
9. Coconut milk - ½ cup
10. Garam masala - 1 tsp
11. Oil - 6 tsp
12. Salt - to taste
13. Coriander leaves - few for garnishing
- Make a paste with ginger and garlic. Now heat the oil in a pan and add mustared seeds.
- Then add the chopped onions. Sauté until the onion colour changes to light brown colour.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell disappears or the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Now add chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and add potatoes and salt. Once again combine well. Now add coconut milk and little amount of water and bring it to boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 mins. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, roti, Parattah or naan.