- scrape the outside of kakara kaya and cut into required shape.
- extract pulp of soaked tamarind add ½ cup of water, bring to boil in a pan and cook the karela pieces till tender.
- Strain the tamarind juice if any and keep aside. 2 grind coconut, red chilies, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds into a paste add chopped onion and grind again.
- 3 heat oil in a pan add the ground masala and fry till it turns light brown in color then add the cooked karelas , salt, jaggery and turmeric cook on low heat.
- Add the strained tamarind water if needed. Take into a serving dish garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Teluguone.com All Rights Reserved