Instant Bread Dosa
8 Slices of brown bread
1tbsp Rice flour
1tbsp Rava/ Sooji
Curd/ Butter Milk to make idli like batter
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1 Inch Ginger (finely grated)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Salt to taste
Assorted Vegetables finely chopped
(capsicum/ carrot/ tomato..)
* Take around 8 slices of brown bread or any other bread of your choice
* Without cutting the edges make bread crumbs of these in a mixer jar
* Now add a tbsp of rice flour and a tbsp of Sooji
* Add diluted curd or buttermilk enough to make an idli like batter.
* Grind again to make a smooth lump free batter. It shouldn't be too thin in consistency.
* Now add finely chopped onion and grated ginger.
* Now pour this in a bowl and add little salt and half tsp of baking soda. Mix well.
* Keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Heat a non stick tawa and grease a little oil. Pour a tbsp of the batter and spread it like dosa but not too thin. and cover it with a lid.
* Sprinkle some oil on the raw side and flip and cook for few more minutes on low flame.
* Keep pressing on all sides with the spatula. This ensures it gets cooked within well.
* Both the sides should get a red color touch. Once done serve hot with Chutney and sauce.
* You could also make them as Uttapam using other vegetables like onion, Tomatoes, carrot, capsicum etc.