- In a pressure cooker, put red gram dal, bachali kura (Malabar spinach), onions, green chilies, ginger and turmeric powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook up to 3 whistles.
- Then take a vessel and put oil and let it heat, then add mustard seeds and as they jump around, add cumin seeds, urad dal, garlic, red chilies and curry leaves and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add this to the pressure cooked dal and put salt and mix it well.
- Add tamarind paste with 1/2 cup of water and cook on low to medium flame for 7-10 minutes without lid. Then serve it with rice or chapati.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Teluguone.com All Rights Reserved